Build error: Could not determine the dependencies of task ':app:lintVitalRelease'

After being told by Google that I needed to move to Gradle 29, I changed config.xml to include:

<preference name="android-targetSdkVersion" value="29" />

and in the plugin entry for cordova-android-support-gradle-release, altered “ANDROID_SUPPORT_VERSION” to value=“29.0.0”.

Now when I build, I get this message:
UserError: FAILURE: Build failed with an exception. * What went wrong: Could not determine the dependencies of task ‘:app:lintVitalRelease’. > Could not resolve all artifacts for configuration ‘:app:debugCompileClasspath’.

The log file is no help, but I will attach it to the case anyway

it looks like VoltBuilder is working properly, but the versions of your plugins do not match up with each other.

I don’t think Google specified Gradle 29 - Cordova uses Gradle 6.5. What problem was that trying to solve?

Thanks for the prompt response.

It was a rejection from the Play Store stating that my target SDK version was too low. I think I have confused two things, the Gradle release and the SDK version. So should I just remove the variable “ANDROID_SUPPORT_VERSION” or should the value be set to 6.5?

Hi again
I just removed the variable name “ANDROID_SUPPORT_VERSION” and the .apk file built perfectly and ran on my test phone.
Thanks for your help
Regards
Brian