Build Exception: not verifying API credentials

All was well with multiple builds until about 11:45 a.m. EST then I began to get the following two errors:

Error -1 returned from VoltBuilder: Could not connect to VoltBuilder server: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.volt.build’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v1/app/ (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1123)’)))

Error -1 returned from VoltBuilder: Could not authenticate API Credentials: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.volt.build’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v1/authenticate/ (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1123)’)))

I have copied a fresh set of API credentials and copied them into AppStudio and I still get the same error.

My plan says it’s active with next payment due more than a month from now.

Help!

Nate

I believe the issue is on your end, at least partially. We use Let’s Encrypt for our SSL provider and today their root certificate expired: Let's Encrypt's Root Certificate is expiring!

What this means for you is that you likely have the old root certificate on your machine and need to update it. How you do that depends largely on your operating system and how you are accessing our servers.

Let me know if I can help further.

OK, thanks for that. I’ll see if I can address this by refreshing my root certificate.

Thanks!

Nate

@artlogic I’ll take you up on your offer of additional help as I’m not getting anywhere.

I’m using a MAC running Big Sur 11.6. I don’t see any expired certificates in my KeyChain Access… not really sure what I should be looking for.

Thanks!

nate

What software are you using to send requests to our API?

AppStudio v 8.5.5.1

Looks like this one is on us after all. We’ll be releasing a new version of AppStudio later today to resolve this issue. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Super. Thanks for the quick response.

AppStudio 8.5.5.2 was released yesterday with the fix.

Thanks. That’s got it fixed for me.

Nate