Can't replace default splashscreen

Hi,
I attempted to replace he default splash screen and icons according to the documentation. While the icons have been successfully replaced, I am still stuck with the default splash screen.

How are you doing this? (There is more than one way)

Any clues in the log?

Are you sure your splash screen is a png and the right size?

I think it would be simpler if I link the project github page, includes the lates log, the size should be correct, and it is png: TheApp/config.xml at main · OndraLukas/TheApp · GitHub

Your splashTemplate.png is 2745x2745, not 2732x2732.

From the log:

2023-01-23T16:56:04.128Z cordova-res:platform Building splash resources for android platform
2023-01-23T16:56:04.129Z cordova-res:image Source image for splash: {
  format: 'png',
  size: 98984,
  width: 2745,
  height: 2745,

Let’s see what happens if you fix that.

There is also a document about splashscreens and Android 12.

Thanks for the quick responses. Unfortunately, even after this change the situation remains the same, I still get the generic cordova splashscreen.

The git has been updated, and I added the newest log as well.

Managed to fix it, according the link you sent about the android 12 by using these:

<preference name="AndroidWindowSplashScreenAnimatedIcon" value="resources/splashTemplate.png" />
<preference name="AndroidWindowSplashScreenBackground" value="#000000" />

Thanks for following up!

My apps still don’t show a splash screen despite following written advice to the letter, so I suggest a best practice example for how to configure config.xml etc to show a splash screen on any Android phone (and not just Android 12).

@anders.borg - I’d like to have a look at your job to see what is going on. Can you send me the email address you use to submit under? (PM is fine)

Have you added resources/splashTemplate.png into your cache folder?

extraFiles

Not sure about any cache folder, but I have a 2732*2732 image called splash-square.png in res/screen/android and this in config.xml:

<preference name="AndroidWindowSplashScreenAnimatedIcon" value="res/screen/android/splash-square.png" />

@anders - I tried your app on Android 12 and pre-Android 12 devices. The splash screens were fine.

Where is it not working?

On an Xiaomi 11T with Android 12. Shows the application immediately.

At least re-assuring it shows up on some phones.

What happens if you add these two lines to your config.xml:

<preference name="SplashScreenDelay" value="2000" />
<preference name="AutoHideSplashScreen" value="true" />

Interesting, I tested my app on Xiaomi too

Yes, I don’t understand it either. Unfortunately I only had that phone with Android 12, so I assumed it was generic behavior.

The page describing the differences says I could still have the splash tag in config.xml, so I’ve tried with or without.

Also, apps not built for Android 12 show a splash screen.

They don’t make a difference, except prolonging the app start. I’ll test on more phones.

And we’re at Android 13!

Does deleting the app, restarting the device, then installing again make any difference?