Cordova camera not open, Geting erorr code 20

Hello Team plz. help me. All details add in View Log File plz. check it

View Log

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-camera" spec="6.0.0">
        <!-- Permissions for Android -->
        <variable name="CAMERA_USAGE_DESCRIPTION" value="Allow camera access for taking photos" />
        <variable name="ANDROID_CAMERA_PERMISSION_DESCRIPTION" value="Allow camera access for taking photos" />       

</plugin>

<edit-config target="NSCameraUsageDescription" file="*-Info.plist" mode="merge">
    <string>need camera access to take pictures</string>
  </edit-config>
  <edit-config target="NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription" file="*-Info.plist" mode="merge">
    <string>need photo library access to get pictures from there</string>
  </edit-config>
  <edit-config target="NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription" file="*-Info.plist" mode="merge">
    <string>need location access to find things nearby</string>
  </edit-config>
  <edit-config target="NSPhotoLibraryAddUsageDescription" file="*-Info.plist" mode="merge">
    <string>need photo library access to save pictures there</string>
  </edit-config>

<engine name="android" spec="12.0.0" />
    <preference name="android-minSdkVersion" value="22" />
    <preference name="android-targetSdkVersion" value="33" />

$cordovaCamera.getPicture(options).then(movePic, function (imageData) {
                window.resolveLocalFileSystemURI(imageData, function (fileEntry) {
                    $scope.picData = fileEntry.nativeURL;
                    $scope.ftLoad = true;
                });

}, function (err) {
                console.error(err);
            });

Where does the Error 20 appear? It’s not in the log.

There is an open issue for cordova-plugin-camera concerning API 33. Could this be the same problem? It’s something the maintainers of the plugin will need to fix.

Permissions from Android 13

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACTION_CREATE_DOCUMENT" />
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT" />

Cordova camera not open, Getting error code 20 Add permission then Problem are resolved

Thank you for posting this solution - it’s sure to help others!

Hello what is the correct way to inform these permissions on config.xml

I’ve added on a config-file section and still have the error 20.
I’ve also added the androidx-core-version as plugin mantainers say on his git site.

Any help will be appreciated

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-camera" >
	  <variable name="ANDROIDX_CORE_VERSION" value="1.8.0" />
      </plugin>
      <config-file after="uses-permission" parent="/manifest" target="AndroidManifest.xml">
            <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
            <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA" />
            <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" />
            <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />
	    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACTION_CREATE_DOCUMENT" />
	    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT" />
        </config-file>

It looks like this is an open issue with that plugin. The maintainers of it are working on it.

Hi there,

I’m almost in the same situation as @isantaulariamuixi, config-file does not work and edit-config overrides all permissions (like there is no more internet permission).
So if someone could elaborate on this, maybe @ghenne, please.

Thanks you guys anyway for the support.

The problem is that the plugin has not been updated for the new version of Android. These plugins are made and maintained by third parties - they are not something we are able to fix or support.

Thank you all, I will be tracking plugin updates and notify when it is fixed.

Hi,

I have published on npm a fix found here: Error Code 20 on Android · Issue #826 · apache/cordova-plugin-camera · GitHub
This is just a workaround from DaedalusDev waiting for the plugin to be updated.

The package repo is: cordova-plugin-camera-flossy - npm and it is already approved by VoltBuilder’s team so feel free to use it…

Thanks again.

1 Like

Thank you all. With the daedalusDev workaround it is all working and could update our app.
I will wait to check camera 7.0 when is released.