Getting error "ServerError: ** ARCHIVE FAILED **. Please check log."

Creating ios build but getting error, I am using the same .p12 certificate which I have used for another app.

ServerError: ** ARCHIVE FAILED **. Please check log.

Command finished with error code 65: xcodebuild -workspace,Blue: Think diffrently.xcworkspace,-scheme,Blue: Think diffrently,-configuration,Release,-destination,generic/platform=iOS,-archivePath,Blue: Think diffrently.xcarchive,archive,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=/volt ios/platforms/ios/build/device,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=/volt ios/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch,EMBEDDED_CONTENT_CONTAINS_SWIFT = YES,ALWAYS_EMBED_SWIFT_STANDARD_LIBRARIES=NO,LD_RUNPATH_SEARCH_PATHS = “@executable_path/Frameworks”
xcodebuild: Command failed with exit code 65
Error: xcodebuild: Command failed with exit code 65
at ChildProcess.whenDone (/volt ios/node_modules/cordova-common/src/superspawn.js:136:25)
at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:390:28)
at maybeClose (node:internal/child_process:1064:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:301:5)

** ARCHIVE FAILED **. Please check log.
reset_keychain
Output:
Build dc7396c6-f79d-4fa3-be1b-ca71c80eb025 failed

This is from the log - check if the file is corrupted:

error: Error reading dependency file ‘/Users/enterpriseneptune/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Blue:_Think_diffrently-bnjgxslznkqfoybatmllomkpufuk/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Blue: Think diffrently/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Blue: Think diffrently.build/Release-iphoneos/Blue: Think diffrently.build/Objects-normal/arm64/AMBAdBase.d’: unexpected character in prerequisites at position 326 (in target ‘Blue: Think diffrently’ from project ‘Blue: Think diffrently’)
error: Error reading dependency file ‘/Users/enterpriseneptune/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Blue:_Think_diffrently-bnjgxslznkqfoybatmllomkpufuk/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Blue: Think diffrently/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Blue: Think diffrently.build/Release-iphoneos/Blue: Think diffrently.build/Objects-normal/arm64/AMBAdBase.d’: unexpected character in prerequisites at position 48098 (in target ‘Blue: Think diffrently’ from project ‘Blue: Think diffrently’)
error: Error reading dependency file ‘/Users/enterpriseneptune/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Blue:_Think_diffrently-bnjgxslznkqfoybatmllomkpufuk/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Blue: Think diffrently/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Blue: Think diffrently.build/Release-iphoneos/Blue: Think diffrently.build/Objects-normal/arm64/AMBAdBase.d’: unexpected character in prerequisites at position 95867 (in target ‘Blue: Think diffrently’ from project ‘Blue: Think diffrently’)
error: Error reading dependency file ‘/Users/enterpriseneptune/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Blue:_Think_diffrently-bnjgxslznkqfoybatmllomkpufuk/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Blue: Think diffrently/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Blue: Think diffrently.build/Release-iphoneos/Blue: Think diffrently.build/Objects-normal/arm64/AMBAdBase.d’: unexpected character in prerequisites at position 143643 (in target ‘Blue: Think diffrently’ from project ‘Blue: Think diffrently’)
Command CompileSwiftSources emitted errors but did not return a nonzero exit code to indicate failure
** ARCHIVE FAILED **

I didn’t get
Which file I need to check, I am uploading zip file only.

The name of the file is “AMBAdBase.d”.

I’m guessing that isn’t a file you have in your project itself, but is loaded by one of your plugins.

Try redoing the build leaving various plugins out to see which one is causing the problem. Once you know the plugin, check to make sure you are using the latest version.

Fixed the issue, it is because of : in the app name. The below link helped me resolve it.

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/79897

Wow - that was unexpected. We’ll add a check for that to VoltBuilder.

1 Like