IOS app showing white screen

Hi,

The IOS app showing white screen only but the same type of android app is working fine.

Are there any messages in the Safari console?

You’ll need to use a utility to look at the remote console.

Not on that list yet is inspect.dev.

Hi,

We are developing devextreme tool and we build the app and installed the ipad and its working with no issues. We had an issue to showing Icon display, on the app so we used phonegap tool and we build their, we didn’t face any issues. But here we had issues, In this app we have used normal plugins only. Can you suggest us what is the easiest way to check.

Did you do as I suggested?

iOS has new requirements for CORS. This is a common reason for a white screen on startup. To see if this is the case, you need to look at the console.

Hi,

When I debug I didn’t get any error message but I got the below two warnings,

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not parse content for file:///private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/556F6475-141F-4D21-9DE2-C664DF3B999A/iGenscheduler.app/www/index.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not parse content for file:///private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/556F6475-141F-4D21-9DE2-C664DF3B999A/iGenscheduler.app/www/views/home.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input

​Can you correct me how to fix.

Is your builder support .dxview files?

I have shared my sample project in https://we.tl/t-Cm21Q14KVz , Can you check and let me know the status.

I had a quick look at your project. It’s pretty straightforward - just a few plugins.

I would try a few changes to see if they make any difference:

• Get rid of cordova-plugin-ios-longpress-fix. It hasn’t been updated in 6 years. Is it still needed?

• Try getting rid of cordova-plugin-splashscreen to see if that makes a difference (you can add it again later). It looks like you’re showing the splashscreen for 60 seconds, which seems like a lot.

• You have the cordova-plugin-whitelist plugin, but you are not specifying any whitelist settings.

Is this a different topic?

No. We are using dxview So that I am asking here

It may by default added those plugins. We used same here as well.

OK, I see. My guess is that you are running into CORS issues. This has come up before - do a search here.

iOS has added security requirements to apps. You’ll need to work with the whitelist plugin and your CSP to resolve these. The docs for the whitelist plugin will help you get started.

I’m surprised you’re not getting more messages in the Safari Console.

I tried but still not working. Can you please change in my sample and send me.

I don’t think this is a problem with VoltBuilder.

When we build in devextreme and installing ipad is working fine.

Does DevExtreme make native apps?

No. It is a cross platform tool.

Use your knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript to create applications for any mobile device using a single codebase that can be reused across all supported platforms. DevExtreme Mobile libraries fully leverage jQuery and optionally support Knockout.js for MVVM user interface development. With DevExtreme Mobile, you can build multi-device applications without knowing or being forced to learn a single native platform SDK.

Native UI and experience…

So, when you run as a web app, it’s OK. It doesn’t work as a native app.

That makes sense - iOS has bunch of CORS/CSP requirements which need to be met when running an app. Your app doesn’t have anything for these requirements. (These are new requirements in the past couple of years in iOS - they probably didn’t apply yet in your PhoneGap days.)

As I said before, a good starting point is to read the docs for cordova-plugin-whitelist. This has also come up on this board before.

For clarification when I build the app to IPA file and install on ipad its working fine.

Now it seems I don’t understand the problem. Is it working fine? Under what conditions does it not work?