Ios Engine 6.1.0 err unpacking p12

This doesn’t happen under the default build engine… and I was trying this engine because I understand it’s required for iOS 13.6.

<engine name="ios" spec="6.1.0" />

Error: Unpacking p12 file failed. Check your p12 file.
reset_keychain
Output:
Build 3b08b0e5… failed

That’s interesting. Could you send me a project I could run here?

It should be in your inbox along with a note about the config.xml.

Thanks. VoltBuilder was throwing off an misleading error message (we’re working on that). Here’s the real problem:

The following build commands failed:
	CompileStoryboard /platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/CDVLaunchScreen.storyboard
(1 failure)

I saw that error in the logs and it was on my list but that reported error message was a priority.

Having looked at this a bit further I see this in the logs:

Current launch storyboard undefined
Changing info plist to use our launch storyboard
Wrote out iOS Bundle Version "0.0.1" to /platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/GetToKnowMe-Info.plist
Need to update build settings because project is using our launch storyboard.
Set PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER to com.gettoknowme.mobileios.
Set IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET to "10.0".
Removed ASSETCATALOG_COMPILER_LAUNCHIMAGE_NAME because project is using our launch storyboard.

There are two problems with the above:

1. I do indeed have launch storyboard included in the config.xml
  2. The app is launching with the correct storyboard on iOS 10, 11 and 12 (despite what that error says).
  3. Your storyboard is NOT being included as the error says.

(tag! you’re it! :wink: )

A little extra info… Using the default engine, the above error is apparently being produced BEFORE the storyboard images are copied.

Current launch storyboard undefined
Changing info plist to use our launch storyboard
Wrote out iOS Bundle Version "0.0.1" to /platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/GetToKnowMe-Info.plist
Need to update build settings because project is using our launch storyboard.
Set PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER to com.gettoknowme.mobileios.
Set IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET to "10.0".
Removed ASSETCATALOG_COMPILER_LAUNCHIMAGE_NAME because project is using our launch storyboard.
iOS Product Name has not changed (still "GetToKnowMe")
Updating icons at platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon-1024.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon-1024.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon-small-40.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon-20@2x.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon-60.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon-20@3x.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon-small.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon-29.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon-small@2x.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon-29@2x.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon-small@3x.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon-29@3x.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon-small-40.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon-40.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon-small-40@2x.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon-40@2x.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon-small-50.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon-50.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon-small-50@2x.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon-50@2x.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon-small-40@3x.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon-60@2x.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon-60@3x.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon-60@3x.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon-72.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon-72.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon-72@2x.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon-72@2x.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon-76.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon-76.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon-76@2x.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon-76@2x.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon-167.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon-83.5@2x.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon.png (updated file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/icon/icon@2x.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/icon@2x.png (updated file)
Updating splash screens at platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/LaunchImage.launchimage/
Updating launch storyboard images at platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/LaunchStoryboard.imageset/
  copy  package-assets/ios/splash/Default@2x~ipad~anyany.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/LaunchStoryboard.imageset/Default@2x~ipad~anyany.png (new file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/splash/Default@2x~ipad~comany.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/LaunchStoryboard.imageset/Default@2x~ipad~comany.png (new file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/splash/Default@2x~iphone~anyany.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/LaunchStoryboard.imageset/Default@2x~iphone~anyany.png (new file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/splash/Default@2x~iphone~comany.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/LaunchStoryboard.imageset/Default@2x~iphone~comany.png (new file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/splash/Default@2x~iphone~comcom.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/LaunchStoryboard.imageset/Default@2x~iphone~comcom.png (new file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/splash/Default@3x~iphone~anyany.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/LaunchStoryboard.imageset/Default@3x~iphone~anyany.png (new file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/splash/Default@3x~iphone~anycom.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/LaunchStoryboard.imageset/Default@3x~iphone~anycom.png (new file)
  copy  package-assets/ios/splash/Default@3x~iphone~comany.png platforms/ios/GetToKnowMe/Images.xcassets/LaunchStoryboard.imageset/Default@3x~iphone~comany.png (new file)
Updating Storyboard image set contents.json

So, I think we should revisit that error as I don’t think it’s a legitimate error.

First, the initial P12 message was misleading. There was a bug in the error resolution code which caused it to be shown instead of the correct message.

However, the problem does indeed have to do with Storyboards.

If you’re using Cordova-iOS 6.x, the minimum supported iOS version is 11.0. You need to remove the deployment-target preference from config.xml - it is currently set to 10. Apparently, iOS 10 can’t handle Apple’s latest implementation of Storyboards.

This isn’t going to solve all your problems. It now seems to get past this error and runs into another one. Have a look at it and let us know if you’re stuck.