Ios sdk17 - how to build

Hi, how do I correctly build for iOS 17? I kept getting error with platform issue when submitting to appstore.

Thank yo

Can you please share the error you are receiving?

ok here what i received when try to upload ipa to appstore connect…

“SDK version issue. This app was built with the iOS 16.2 SDK. Starting April 29, 2024, all iOS and iPadOS apps must be built with the iOS 17 SDK or later, included in Xcode 15 or later, in order to be uploaded to App Store Connect or submitted for distribution. (90725)”

The build was success but the submission by appstore was a problem.

Thanks

We’ll have a beta out in a few days that should resolve this error message. However, our experience is that this is just a warning (until April 29th) and shouldn’t create a problem with submissions. Are you experiencing something different?

Yes…for the 1st submission it was accepted by appstore, with a reminder that next upload wont be accepted.

For the 2nd try…it was accepted by appstore connect, but not shown in appstore connect, so cant set for testflight & submission

Here is the actual full announcement from Apple:

App Store Connect upload requirement starts April 29

February 6, 2024

Apps uploaded to App Store Connect must be built with Xcode 15 for iOS 17, iPadOS 17, tvOS 17, or watchOS 10, starting April 29, 2024.

Are you seeing any message when it is not shown in appstore connect? It does not sound consistent with their announcement. Could it be something else?

The beta is now available for this.

We’re pleased to announce that we are running a beta of a new iOS agent which supports the latest Xcode 15.2 and associated APIs. The agent also has gone through a round of optimization and we’re seeing significantly faster build times. If you’d like to be involved in testing the iOS beta, reach out to support@volt.build and request access.

Once you have access (or if you are already part of our beta program) you can submit to our beta agents by checking the following box on the upload page:

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 11.49.38 AM

Please let us know if you run into any problems or anomalies. Happy building!