Keystore issues

Kindly assist.
All is correct but when I build I get the following

Failed UserError: Incorrect androidAlias or androidAliasPassword in keystore. You can correct this in voltbuilder.json

View Log

Check your certificates folder. Does it have a keystore file in it which matches “androidKeystore” in your voltbuilder.json file?

Hi there, my folder has a p12 file which I exported from the pem certificate I sent to Google because I lost my previous key.

All the info seem fine but wondering why it gives me that error but when I generate a p12 file from your key generator all works well but Google rejects it because the finger print is different

Regards
Reagan M

My guess is that you are not using the correct values for androidAlias and androidAliasPassword in voltbuilder.json when you’re using your old p12.

When you’re using the freshly generated p12 from VoltSigner, you do have the correct values for those fields, so that step works.

It’s important to use the same keystore that the Android Store already has, if you are doing an update to an existing app.

Okay let me try that then

Thanks

Good morning,

I have a pem file that I would like to convert to p12.
Your platform is not allowing the conversion of an existing file into a p12.

Kindly assist, i suspect that the p12 file I am converting using keystore is corrupt because I can not see the details stored in that key with keystore list.

Also Assist with the voltbuild.json. I am usinhg the one I created together with the p12 file I made using voltsigner then I just changed the details

Meaning It might have some metadata linked to the key generated on your platform.

Do you perhaps have a generic one that can be modified.

Regards
Reagan M

I am now getting this.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ‘:app:packageRelease’.

A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade
com.android.ide.common.signing.KeytoolException: Failed to read key myapp from store “/certificates/android.p12”: parseAlgParameters failed: ObjectIdentifier() – data isn’t an object ID (tag = 48)
my alias is myapp but your system fails to read it

I think there is something wrong with your file. The message says it cannot find ‘myapp’ in it.

Can your system support pem files or jks ?
If not Kindly assist , I would like to convert my pem file to p12 any java command to achieve that, all I am using are generating, corrupt p12 files

Regards
Reagan M

According to the Cordova docs,

" Default: auto-detect based on file extension
Either pkcs12 or jks"

It says invalid format on jks file

• What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ‘:app:packageRelease’.

A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade
com.android.ide.common.signing.KeytoolException: Failed to read key myapp from store “/certificates/android.jks”: Invalid keystore format

• Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

That message comes from Cordova. It says your jks file can’t be read - looks like it is corrupted.

Hi,

I am now using a key generated by voltsign but I am getting the below.

Uploading android.zip to android.

TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.

This usually indicates a problem of some kind at your end.

Can you use F12 to get into the Chrome Console and let me know what messages are there?