Update xcode build settings on server side

In the build logs there’s this error message:

warning: The iOS deployment target 'IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET' is set to 7.0, but the range of supported deployment target versions is 8.0 to 13.5.99. (in target 'FirebaseAnalytics' from project 'Pods')
warning: The iOS deployment target 'IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET' is set to 7.0, but the range of supported deployment target versions is 8.0 to 13.5.99. (in target 'FirebaseCore' from project 'Pods')
warning: The iOS deployment target 'IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET' is set to 7.0, but the range of supported deployment target versions is 8.0 to 13.5.99. (in target 'FirebaseInstanceID' from project 'Pods')
warning: The iOS deployment target 'IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET' is set to 7.0, but the range of supported deployment target versions is 8.0 to 13.5.99. (in target 'FirebaseMessaging' from project 'Pods')
warning: The iOS deployment target 'IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET' is set to 7.0, but the range of supported deployment target versions is 8.0 to 13.5.99. (in target 'Protobuf' from project 'Pods')

I googled around looking at this as I thought it may have been the cause of another problem I was having (turns out it’s not). I’m attaching this link and while it references react-native, it has what appears to be the clearest instructions for fixing the problem (which I believe you can script).

This sounds like something caused by one of your plugins. Do you have any idea which one?

The one plugin common to both is the phonegap-plugin-push and while I originally thought the same thing you’re thinking I googled the error message and spent considerable time reading dozens of posts and, virtually everything I read said this is a setting controlled via xcode. Several posts offered script (hook) based work-arounds but I doubt you want us going there.

1 Like

Update: I just did a build on a project I use for testing (TestTube). I only had the bare minimum of plugins and this error didn’t appear. Perhaps you can grep the build logs and see where this is appearing and see if there are commonalities.

Also, it doesn’t appear to be effecting the actual output but I suspect at some point it will.

Do you have <preference name="deployment-target" value="8.0"/> in config.xml?

I’ve tried both:

preference name="deployment-target" value="9.0" />

and

preference name="deployment-target" value="10.0" />

This thread is interesting:

That’s one of those I mention where the solution is to utilize a hook

Unfortunately, I can’t see hooks working in a cloud service. It gives unlimited power to run scripts. Lots can go wrong, accidentally or on purpose. They’re banned on other services to, not just VoltBuilder.

I understand and agree fully with that policy. Which means, that in order to fix this problem, you have to handle it on your end.

One option may be to create some custom hooks that the user activates via voltbuilder.json. This could be one such hook.

Any chance you can create a minimal project for testing?