VoltBuilder supports Xcode 13 and iOS 15

The VoltBuilder servers are now using Xcode 13.0, the latest update from Apple. This allows you to build apps for iOS 15.0, which was released last week by Apple.

You don’t need to make any changes to your project to use the new release: all VoltBuilder jobs are now processed using it.

Before we went live with the new release, we tested by processing an entire day of iOS builds. They executed cleanly, with the same results as Xcode 12.4. We don’t anticipate any problems for you with the new release, but please let is know if you spot anything.

(The last version of Xcode supported by PhoneGap Build was 9.2.)

Hi,

A couple of things appear to have changed between builds of the same code in the last week:

1. This:
 NavsHeader.addItem('Test2', false, true);
 NavsHeader.addItem("<span id = 'NavsHeader_icon1' class='oi oi-paperclip' aria-hidden='true'"); 

now throws a
“TypeError: NavsHeader.addItem is not a function…NavsHeader.addItem is undefined…”
error.

1. The code to take a picture:
  // Take picture using device camera and retrieve image as base64-encoded string
  navigator.camera.getPicture(onPhotoDataSuccess, onFail, {
    quality: 100
  });
}

//Callback function when the picture has been successfully taken
function onPhotoDataSuccess(imageData) {
  // Get image handle
  var smallImage = document.getElementById('smallImage');
  // Unhide image elements
  smallImage.style.display = 'block';
  smallImage.src = imageData;
}

No longer works.

Cheers,
Jim

1. It looks like you’re calling NavsHeader.addItem before NavsHeader is created. You might want to dig into that a bit.

Does this work if you run as a web app?

1. What happens? Is this on Android and/or iOS?

Thank you for the quick response!

1. I’ll check my code - thanks. This does work as a web app, just not as an IOS build.

2. This is an IOS build. It used to populate the image, now it doesn’t.

Jim

1. Are any errors thrown?

Type error similar to the NavsHeader error:

“Type Error: smallImage.getContext is not a function. (In 'smallImage.getContext(‘2D’) ‘smallImage.getContext’ is undefined).”

If I use the AppStudio Camera component it works.

Update: It’s the referring of the camera component to a PIctureBox that works. Problem seems to be in trying to load a camera selection to a Bootstrap Image component(?)

Regards,
Jim